Life Fitness is the global leader in designing and manufacturing a full line of reliable, high-quality fitness equipment for commercial and consumer use.
Position Description: Multiple business units across Life Fitness are using and expanding the footprint of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, therefore we are looking for an experienced Microsoft Dynamics Technical Application Administrator. This person will help lead projects to implement and administer the Dynamics environments across Life Fitness. The Microsoft Dynamics Technical Application Administrator is an IT professional who maintains operations, performance, and security of the Microsoft Dynamics AX application. They will work with members of a cross-functional team to effectively administer the application technology stack. This position will support users in multiple countries, currently The Netherlands and the United Kingdom, which will expand to other countries in the future.
Tasks and responsibilities Application Administrator:
- Help with system product implementation, installation, and upgrades. Work with developers, users, and technical staff to avoid disruption and to facilitate smooth transitions from development to test to production.
- Assist in the implementation of new functionalities of Microsoft Dynamics AX based on business demand and new functionalities made available by Microsoft.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about the Microsoft Dynamics AX application and related technology.
- Manage application components to carry out activities such as application installation and patching, application upgrades, building and running data cleanup routines, data load process management, etc.
- Perform Microsoft Dynamics AX Administration functions as defined by the team.
- Monitor, support, and control the Microsoft Dynamics AX application system.
- Communicate effectively between all groups globally about issues and projects.
- Contribute to a team effort to provide application performance tuning recommendations
- Maintain a high level of collaboration with hardware, Operating System, and DBA technical teams to ensure proper operation of the environment(s).
- Work closely with application development teams and vendors to tune and troubleshoot applications.
- Plan and coordinate technical upgrades, and new services to ensuring uninterrupted performance and stability.
Tasks and responsibilities DB Administrator:
- Support, administer, and maintain production, testing, and development environments.
- Provide operational database systems support. The support might involve evening, night and weekend coverage
- Work to assure that targeted Service Levels for production database availability and performance are met or exceeded
- Work with project teams comprised of project managers, developers, application vendors, application administrators, and application users to provide DBA support for database deployments and upgrades.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and tune server and database performance problems and identify solutions to resolve the problems.
- Review daily backup reports, job reports, and performance analysis reports. Resolve any failures or problems identified.
- Work with server administrators, storage engineers, network engineers, and Microsoft product support to resolve issues and prevent downtime.
- Follow and enforce database policies, procedures and standards, and ensure their conformance to procedures. This applies to both non-production and production systems.
- Follow and enforce Life Fitness Change Control Policy for production changes.
- Enforce User Access and Security Policy for adds, changes, and deletions to the database systems.
- Support the set of database systems that support the production systems
- Develop and enforce the policies for the set of instances, including intended use, promotion path requirements, access, and refresh strategy
- Maintain currency in new developments and technology, to provide a strategic database direction for the organization
We are looking for someone with :
- 5 Years work experience as Application Administrator & 2 Years work experience as Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Administrator
- Expertise in and on knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and 2014 Enterprise Edition
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- A systematic approach to issue analysis and resolution
- Proficiency in written communication and presentation skills.
- Abilities to proactively provide advice to other professionals on technical application configuration and database configuration.
- An understanding and of the mission and vision of the IT Department.
- Teamwork skills to interact and collaborate on alternative approaches to software development issues.
- Proficiency in English written and oral; proficiency in Dutch is a pre
What you will get from us:
As a part of our IT department, you will work in an open and dynamic department where the work pace is high and not one day is the same. The complexity of the work, the international environment and the possibility to make an important contribution to the success of our organization make this position particularly interesting. Besides that, you will receive competitive compensation, flexible working hours and more attractive benefits.
If you see a fit with this vacancy please reply through our application form! For more information, you can contact Nina Boender (HR department) via telephone number: 0180-646666.